Let's Do History Tour Participant Resources
Large Session Resources
Are you a teacher who attended either the elementary or secondary large group session? You can find links to resources from the program below.
- Lesson Planning Template
- Primary Source Guide
- Program Resource Handout
- History Explorer Sitemap
- Penny Lesson Plan
- Penny Worksheet
- If you Walked in My Shoes teaching poster
- Teaching with Drama Resources
- The Wheelwoman
- The Suffragist
- Grab Bag Inventing Learning Task
- World War I: Lesson and Legacies poster exhibit and educators' guide
Small Group Workshop Resources
Are you a teacher who attended small group session? You can find links to resources from the program below.
- Object Portraits
- Three Sources of Information - Activity Sheet, Source One, and Source Three
- Theater Resources Sheet
- Join the Student Sit-Ins
- Spinner Game - Spinner, Cards, and Rules
- Smithsonian Affiliations Program
Did you receive a set of WWI: Lessons and Legacies classroom posters? We'd love to know how you are using this resource. Please take five minutes to complete a short survey and let us know your feedback at this link: http://tinyurl.com/SITESPosterSurvey. Thank you!
- We also recommend the following articles:
- "Looking at Artifacts, Thinking about History" by Steven Lubar and Kathleen Kendrick
- VanSledright, Bruce A. "Fifth Graders Investigating History in the Classroom: Results from a Researcher-Practitioner Design Experiment." The Elementary School Journal 103.2 (2002), pp. 131-160.
- Wineburg, Samuel S. "Historical Problem Solving: A Study of the Cognitive Processes Used in the Evaluation of Documentary and Pictorial Evidence." Journal of Educational Psychology 83.1 (1991), pp. 73-87.
- Use the links below to find the History Explorer team and the National Museum of American History on our social media channels on Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.
- Sign up for our email newsletter or send us a message at HistoryTeachers@si.edu with comments, suggestions for new resources, or questions about our site or materials!